Japanese Media Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on buying media,and realises.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

Thoughts on buying media,and realises. Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on buying media,and realises.   Thoughts on buying media,and realises. Oxygen11Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Thoughts on buying media,and realises. Ab53cd12-8f8f-4ccb-a338-ba4b477d0077_zpsb5r9p6iaThoughts on buying media,and realises. Baa410bb-24fe-4006-ba6a-85af128115e0_zpsbs4pw7rk
Bought the first Rurouni Kenshin last week. It's the first Japanese film ive bought since 2005-2006,which was Azumi 2.

As i got older i felt like it was a waste of money buying films that end anywhere from One hour to two hours.So i watched on line for free.I have no idea why i felt that way but recently i have changed my view.Ive started to buy animes and manga and what good japanese films there are.I was always sick of the poor quality or choppy frame rates,having to click a new link to load the next part of the film.Hoping the servers and links were working and the internet was functioning at full speed.But still i felt like it was a waste of money,so i kept watching stuff online. But recently i thought about all that,and then thought,I draw and paint,shouldn't i appreciate someone else work,this applies more to anime and manga.I thought, i could spend 50,100 hours drawing something and charge £250,take off postage and packaging,cost of a frame and then commission,and lets say im left with £100. That's still a good amount of money just for sitting down drawing.That then made me think,these guys that draw for anime, they could spend the same amount of time or more,then the company has to pay for voice acting,get the animation done,add music scores,then print to a dvd and package it.And all the ask for is £20-30. It made me realise your getting a hell of a lot for your money,and as i stated before being a drawer and painter i should be appreciating peoples work in the best possibly quality.

And in that moment my view just completely changed, i stopped analysing what's worth my money,i went back to how i used to be when i was younger,i saw something i liked,i bought it, no questions ask.I guess getting into philosophy a long time ago is what change everything.It feels good to be enjoying things again without having any doubts.And having perfect quality too,it's quite shocking how much a difference it makes.

The only issue that's left is. Why some stuff isn't realised and why they take so long too realise others.As i started with Rurouni Kenshin, that's a good example, the 2nd film was just realised 5 days ago,but there is no news on the 3rd and final one,they were realized a month apart in the cinema but instead of using their heads and realising them together as a double dvd.They have realised them separate which means waiting until Fall for the final one. It doesn't make sense too me.The only reason i can see is,having a western cinema realise,hoping to get money from that and then have the people go and buy the dvds later on.

Then moving on to anime,that's even worse because sometimes they not only don't realise to the west but they only realise to the US.
Why alienate all of the western world except America. An Example. An anime i really enjoyed was both seasons of.Certain Scientific Railgun.

That hasn't had a global realise,just a US one,so i would have to buy it from the US,but they have split the seasons in two half's,which sometimes they do,but later realise as a complete.It's been 2 years since the realise and nothing,except blu-ray. Which means i would have to pay £49.65 then there's a good chance i might get hit with customs which could put the total up to £60.Which is not something i would ever pay or could afford just for one season.

I see this time and time again when looking for animes.I have no idea how they work out which animes will get a global realise and which go just to America or which will get a western realise at all.Maybe they look at sites like funimation and crunchy roll and see what's popular.All i know is companies love to moan about loosing money and people stealing from them but when people offer their money to them they ignore it and continue moaning.Anime,films,tv,they all want the money but don't want to have to put the work in to get the money .The amount of money that asian countries could make from the west with films and tv and anime would be staggering.There is people that would easily pay for a complete translated Tv shows, even variety shows.In fact variety shows probably get more views.People are still buying un-subbed films and shows right now.Youtube channels have thousands upon thousands of views and comments from the west.But still nothing.Paying just a little bit to get something translated and have people buy that from your country is easy money.They wouldn't need to realize to the west,they could make their dvds open region,add an English sub and then people could by from cd-japan or yesasia.  

It takes money to make money,and they don't want to spend that money.
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on buying media,and realises.
Page 1 of 1