Japanese Media Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battle Royale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

Battle Royale  Empty
PostSubject: Battle Royale     Battle Royale  Oxygen11Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Quote :
Ive bought two copies of Battle Royale on blu-ray this year. The first was a mistake,i thought it was the directors cut.Seeing as they remastered it in 1080p i assumed they would add the extra footage.Seeing as blu ray holds more space. They did not.

Quote :
So i bought it a  2nd time as the 3 disc special.
Click for Full Size Disc Prints:

And it was a disappointment.Having 3 discs with extra content you would think it would have hours of behind the scene footage and in depth interviews but it's content is weak,and constantly being split up with video footage of the film. Most extras are pointless. Having 5-6 trailers of the film isn't something that should be added as an extra when there isn't a full in depth behind the scenes. The making of just isn't long enough.

Going through the extras you constantly come across footage that just seems thrown together and out of place. Most things are 5-10 minutes long.Again interrupted with film footage.    

Looking at how many re-realises there have been is mind boggling. I can see 11,which include the 3d version, released to theatres in Japan on November 20, 2010.The western release was cancelled.

Quote :

The only release that has something different is the 3 disc limited edition,which includes the 3 disc that i have. But it comes with.
 Battle Royale  51BMWBjn5bL_zps40euqrri
32 PAGE COMIC
36 PAGE BOOKLET
16 PAGE BOOKLET
CONCEPT ARTWORK AND DRAWINGS FOR THE LIMITED EDITION SET [LE EXCLUSIVE]
5X7 POSTCARDS OF STILLS FROM THE FILM [LE EXCLUSIVE]
FOLD-OUT REVERSIBLE POSTER OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK
 Battle Royale  BR_pack-BR-spreadcompressed_zpsgny1kkan

After all these releases western fans still haven't been able to get a full documentary of battle Royale.They released a documentary in 2003/06/25 it's titled something like Battle Field- Kinji Fukasaku in Battle Royale.It contains new interviews with the cast as well as behind the scene footage. I came across it early this year and put it on the forum.And told myself to download it before it gets deleted. But i forgot and now it has been taken down and i can't find it. At nearly 4 hours it was something a fan looks for.Being only a Japanese release there was no subtitles so you don't get the full benefit.But it's still fun to watch all the behind the scene work and even just watching the interviews and seeing how the cast changed in the few years after the film had dropped.

And this is what really angers me. They have released 3 blu ray versions in the last few years in the uk and the us. Original(I have) 3 disc special(I have) 3 disc limited,same as 3 disc special but with the extras i put above. Both 3 disc versions are the same and as i stated the extra content is weak.At no point did it occur to them to put the 4 hour documentary film on the new blu ray releases.It makes no sense whatsoever to release the same 3 discs twice but one of them has a couple books and cards inside the box.

You can't buy the Documentary anywhere.It stopped being made. Ive seen one for sale as second hand on Amazon Japan. But any other site, like cd japan or yesasia has no stock.

Quote :
This is how it makes me feel anger Then  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Battle Royale
Page 1 of 1